North Volume Media wants to make media authentic and relevant to you, and so we have a very simple policy when it comes to your information. We use your information only to provide you with information that we think may be relevant to you. Most of the time, we generate that content ourselves. But we also team up with others, and we can share with our affiliates, allies and media partners. If we get it wrong and share your information in a way that you do not want, just tell us and we will not share your information or, if you choose, we will delete your information from our system. It is your choice.
- Transparency: We will make our privacy commitments easy to find and easy to read
- Notice: We will notify you of how we are using your information
- Freedom: We respect the law, but we will not participate in law enforcement requests for your information that we view as unreasonable or as unconstitutional of your First Amendment and other rights
- Choice: You have choices about what information you provide to us and we will respect your choices about the sharing of your information with others
- Respect: We will listen to your feedback and answer your questions about how we use your information
- Security: We will use physical, technical and organizational safeguards to protect your information
- Growth: Our plans and alliances are still growing, and we hope to interact with you in new and evolving ways. We will keep you informed about these changes through our updated policies, and let you see our plans before they take effect.
For those of you who want to read the fuller legal policy, here it is:
Welcome to the website of North Volume Media (the “Site”). We are an independent media company. This policy relates to North Volume Media (“we”).
We ask you to choose to submit personally identifiable information in order for you to join our community, let us know what issues are relevant to you, read content, purchase products, resolve inquiries, and participate in events. You may be able to do many of these things on the Site without submitting information about information, but we urge you to decide to trust us with your information.
We may use information collected via the Site to
- customize the Site and your experience of it
- improve the Site and North Volume Media
- communicate with you
- understand, connect with and market to our audience
- further our legitimate business purposes
- create new data by combing information we collect with other information we collect
- comply with applicable law and investigate and advance our legal interest and for any other purposes allowed by law.
We may disclose personally identifiable information you provide via the Site to our affiliates, allies, and media partners that agree to use it for limited purposes. We will not transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing purposes that are not relevant to North Volume Media
We may disclose personally identifiable information you provide via the Site to our affiliates, allies, media partners, and other third parties we use to support our civic engagement, in connection with mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, or other changes in our corporate organization.
We may also collect technical, non-personal information about people using our Site or create anonymous data sets that can be shared more broadly by removing personally identifiable information.
Law Enforcement Requests
North Volume Media believes in the freedom to read, think, and discuss without governmental oversight or intervention, especially when ideas may be disfavored by the political majority. In certain circumstances, such as a search warrant, we could be required to respond to law enforcement demands for information, and we could need to use or share information in connection with legal rights or legal proceedings. That being said, if North Volume Media believes that law enforcement has gone too far, we reserve our rights to fight such requests. And we will give you notice if we are legally able to do so that you can assert your rights and fight for your privacy as you see fit.
Cookies and Other Passive Information Collection
As you navigate through the Site and read and interact with North Volume Media content, we may collect certain information passively using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection. Your Internet browser automatically transmits to the Site some of this information, such as the URL of the Web site you just came from and the Internet Protocol address and the browser version your computer is currently using.
Your browser may allow you to block cookies altogether, but certain features of the Site might not work without cookies. Our Site may contain third-party cookies from advertising partners and other third parties.
Your California Privacy Rights
For International Users
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information as you transmit it to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, although nothing on the Internet is completely secure or error-free.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via the Site from visitors in this age group. If we become aware that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it.
How to Contact Us / Dispute Resolution
We respect your rights to:
- review, modify, or request the removal of personal information we collect about you, except information we must retain to satisfy legal obligations.
- ask us to explain our policies and actions.
- choose to limit the types and frequency of marketing communications from North Volume Media
- end your relationship with North Volume Media
Phone: (518) 310-0907
Mail: 75 Court St., Plattsburgh, NY 12901